Eating a healthy breakfast is a good jump start for the day. Studies show a balanced nutrition breakfast prevents you from snacking (mostly junk foods, right?) in the mid morning and boosts your metabolism throughout the day. You are able to stay focus, feel better and have more energy, eat less during lunch and lose more weight! Do you notice that you tend to eat more during lunch or feel tired in the entire morning if you did not eat breakfast on that day?
A healthy breakfast could be simple and easy to prepare. For example:
- Oatmeal with low fat milk, add 2 drops of honey or sprinkle some dried berries.
- Tuna with low fat mayonnaise, served on whole grain bagel, muffin or bread.
- Low fat milk or skim milk with whole grain cereal
- Turkey breast ham with a slice of Swiss cheese or cheese with 2% milk, tomato, low fat mayonnaise, served on whole grain bagel, muffin or bread.
- Low fat yogurt or Greek yogurt, apple or other fruits.
If you really hate to eat breakfast but want a healthy lifestyle, you can begin with small portion such as an 8oz of low fat yogurt. Gradually, eating breakfast will become the meal that you ‘must have’ in your life.